Wednesday, June 25, 2008

We Made It! - WEDNESDAY (DAY 1)

Finally....the trip has been made and we have arrived in ONE PIECE!!
Well, acutally, THREE PIECES! (Autumn, CJ, and Ari)

Experienced a strange reaction when we left Chris curbside at the airport-- I actually started CRYING!! Weird, since we used to leave eachother for 9 months at a time when we were in the Navy & this is only 2 weeks. Then I found out later on the phone with him, that he was carrying a great big lump around in his throat too! I think what makes this trip so different is that we have 2 kids involved-- & it's going to be really hard on Chris to be separated from them for so long. To that I can only use the ole adage... "absense makes the heart grow fonder" and "it'll be over before you know it!"


As we soon embarked on our journey, we found ourselves on a trek through three different airports , atop many states, and through quite a few cloud formations. Our first flight departed at 1230am on Wednesday morning. Christion was designated a Junior TSA Officer & told to report any suspicious activity-- he loved it! He played like he was a secret agent and we bought him a pair of sunglasses in the airport to make it official!

We even made a stop for play in the Minnesota Airport & the kids enjoyed flying a BIG JET and driving a tram truck. The flights went smoothly and the kids even got to sleep a little bit! (maybe 2 1/2 hours)
As for me... I may have slept an hour or so (with one eye open, watching Ariana!!!!)

* I pictured her making her way to the plane bathroom on her own, while I drooled away sleeping!
* I could also see her wandering the isle, looking for someone or something interesting!
* And maybe even finding her way into the flight attendant's quarters and helping herself to a snack or two!
But NONE of that happened!!!

We arrived Wednesday morning and hung out at Aubrey's house while her & Michael worked all day. We definately needed the down time, but unfortunately the kids we simply delirious!! That evening we enjoyed meeting Cousin Elie for the first time!! She is too cute!
We finished off the evening with PIZZA & COOKIES. CJ enjoyed some acrobatics (consisting of jumping off the chase lounge & onto the ginormous beanbag) and then it was time for BED!


Ari didn't find the setting as comfortable as I would have hoped and kept me up pretty late tossing and turning with a mixture of whining and crying!
Eventually she passed out, and I was finally able to get some rest.

Felt pretty good in the morning, but my eyes looked like I brought TWO EXTRA BAGS of luggage!!
That concludes day 1 of Trip de familia~ Chow